Christmas hampers are a great way to show your loved ones how much you care. They can be filled with anything from food and drink to toiletries and clothes. Here's how you can make your own Christmas hamper:
Choose a hamper or basket that you like. A wicker hamper is traditional, but you could also use a cardboard box or bag.
Fill your hamper with festive treats like Christmas cookies, candied fruit, and spiced nuts. You could also include some savoury snacks like olives and cheese.
Add some Christmas-themed items like scented candles, festive mug sets, ornaments, and decorations.
If you're including alcohol in your hamper, make sure to include a variety of drinks so there's something for everyone. Wine, beer, spirits, and champagne are all popular choices.
Personalise your hamper by adding a handwritten note or card. You could also include a gift voucher for a day out or an experience.
Wrap your hamper up in cellophane or tissue paper and secure it with a bow. You could also add a gift tag with the recipient's name on it.
Deliver your hamper to the lucky recipient and enjoy seeing their face when they open it!
Reasons Why Homemade Christmas Hampers Rock
- You Can Save Money
- You Know Exactly What’s Going into the Hamper
- You Can Personalise It to the Recipient
- You Can Make It as Elaborate or Simple as You Like
- It’s a Great Way to Use Up Leftover Christmas Food and Gifts
- It Makes a Lovely Present for Neighbours, Teachers, or Other Important People in Your Life
- The Recipient Will Appreciate the Thought and Effort That Went into It
- It’s a Fun Activity to Do with the Kids
- You Can Get Creative with the Packaging
- It’s More Meaningful Than Store-Bought Gifts
How To Make A Christmas Hamper Basket That’s Amazing
When it comes to giving gifts at Christmas, we all want to make sure that the recipient will love what they receive. But, sometimes it can be hard to think of something that is both thoughtful and practical. If you’re stuck for ideas, why not create a hamper basket filled with all sorts of festive treats?
Not only will the lucky recipient be getting lots of lovely goodies, but you can also tailor the contents to suit their individual taste. Plus, by making your own hamper basket you’ll be able to save yourself some money too!
Here’s what you need to do:
- Firstly, decide on a theme for your hamper. This could be based around their favourite hobby or interest. For example, if they love baking, you could fill it with Christmas cookies, cake decorating supplies and festive recipes. Alternatively, if they’re a keen gardener, you could include seed packets, gloves and a seasonal plant.
- Once you’ve decided on a theme, start to gather together all of the items you want to include. If you’re struggling for ideas, take a look at this list of 12 hamper basket ideas.
- Now it’s time to start packing everything into your hamper basket. Start with the larger items first and then work your way down to the smaller items. You may need to use some crumpled up tissue paper or shredded paper to fill any gaps and stop the contents from moving around.
- Once you’ve packed everything in, it’s time to decorate your hamper. You could wrap it in cellophane or pretty fabric, or simply tie a ribbon around the handle. Add a gift tag with a personal message and then your hamper is ready to give!
5 Quick Tips For Making Your Christmas Hamper Even More Special
- Get personal – add a handwritten note or card to really show that you care.
- Make it unique – fill your hamper with unusual items that the recipient wouldn’t normally buy for themselves.
- Think about the presentation – how you package up your hamper can be just as important as what’s inside it.
- Add a touch of luxury – include some high-end items to make the hamper extra special.
- Consider the recipient – tailor the contents of the hamper to suit the person you’re giving it to.
Now that you know how to make a sensational and savvy Christmas hamper, it’s time to start gathering together all of the goodies! Have fun putting it all together and enjoy watching the recipient’s face when they open it on Christmas Day.
Our Top Selling Christmas Hampers If Your Don't Have Time To Do It Yourself!
Start the count down to Christmas with the best of the best Cremorne Street Bakers festive goodies. Better than your average Advent Calendar, the selection of sweet, savoury and Christmas spiced handmade treats is an immediate spread in the case of surprise Yuletide guests or treats to savour as 25 December draws near. An unforgettable gift for a favourite family, a client group or your own team. Bring your own novelty reindeer antlers.
Christmas is the time for generosity and the Gourmet Christmas Hamper is bursting with bigheartedness. Featuring some of Cremorne Street Bakers’ most-loved Yuletide treats for sharing, it delivers the ultimate wow factor – whether it’s for colleagues, clients, family or friends. Pair it with a bottle of Victorian sparkling or French champagne for a Christmas gift to remember
See our full range of Christmas hampers in Melbourne